Bits & Pieces
Just some random bits of news here…
- I just sneezed and bit the inside of my cheek. I hate that.
- In the “news of awesomeness” front, though, I just ordered these socks (in pink and grey) and these arm warmers (in purple) from Sock Dreams. I am very, very, VERY excited about this. Sock Dreams = awesome.
- I’m currently…kind of…working on two books at once. It’s a little worrisome, and I feel like I’m being torn in half, but it’s fun nonetheless.
- I have four queries out in the void. I’m planning to send out three more today. I’m getting either brave or crazy. Maybe both.
- Yes, since I sent out five queries last week, that means I got a reply on one. Yes, it was a rejection. It was both painful and liberating. Once that first one for a particular novel is out of the way, the tension level goes down a bit. Not all the way, mind you–never, never all the way–but a bit. This will be the last time, as I query this novel, that I mention rejections on this blog. I like to have a rejection-free space, and this is it. Plus it always feels kind of like picking at a newly formed scab. I need to leave it be and move on.
- I have nothing else to say.
That’s all the news that’s fit to blog. I’m going to go be excited about my over-the-knee socks and arm warmers, now.