Finally starting a blog. Yeah, yeah, I know…I’m a little behind. Everyone and their brother and their brother’s dog (dog’s blog!) has one by now. What can I say, I’m a bit slow….
Anyhow, I guess I’ll explain who I am, in case anyone is reading this and cares.
- Writer, first and foremost.
- Live in PA.
- Wife to the most wonderful man in the world (yeah, yeah, I’m sure lots of women think that–but in my case, it’s true).
- Former tech writer…can you tell from the bulleted list? And former small-town journalist.
- Attempting to become an ex-smoker, which is going great except for the cigarette in my hand right now…dammit. But I’m down to less than 7 a day, which is good.
- Admitted country girl. Not that I like country music…just living out in the country. Which I only sort of do right now. I had cows wandering through my yard last week, so that seems country-ish…BUT there’s a grocery store within .5 miles. And I can see my neighbor’s houses (and HEAR my neighbors, grrr), so not as country as I would like. I want to live in the woods.
- Classic film buff.
- Star Wars and Kevin Smith geek.
- Just a huge dork in general.
What will this blog focus on? Books I’m reading…movies I like…music I like…novels I’m writing. I finished my first novel earlier this year, currently querying for it and working on my second. So, we may also have some industry links/commentary and news about the harrowing submission process. Random thoughts, definitely. I like talking to myself, and for a while this may fit the bill. I’m calling this blog Kristophrenia because, although I’d like to focus on publishing and my writing, I expect it to be rather random and crazy from time to time…just like me.
That’s all for now. I’ve got a novel to write.