Listening to: The Hives, “Hate To Say I Told You So”
Why haven’t I been around you ask? Oh, I don’t know…it could be blog malaise. It could be blogger’s block. Or it could be that my life has gotten so freakin’ crazy that I can’t tell my right hand from my left anymore.
Okay, so I couldn’t do that to begin with. Whatever.
Seriously, it seems like I’m spread out all over the place here. I don’t mind it so much, though. Let’s make a list, so I can feel even more overwhelmed:
- Still querying on Battle of the Hexes. What can I say–I’m slow. I don’t have too many agents left to go, but I tend to query when I have the time. Which, lately, hasn’t been very often. And for the past month I’ve been waiting for a query critique on a writer’s forum from a pretty awesome agent, who’s on my list anyhow. I figured I’d wait and see if I could get some good advice before continuing.
When’s the query crit, you ask? TODAY, I answer. Am I nervous, you ask? HELL YES, I answer. Who’s the agent, you ask? STOP ASKING QUESTIONS, I answer.
Lesson: query faster for the next one. I think I’ll send out ten a week, regardless of when/whether I receive replies. That way I can just get it done and over, instead of dragging out the process for….dear lord. A whole year. Yeesh.
- Grim Light is out to some betas, and I’ve gotten some great feedback. I need to do at least one more round of revisions before I query. I hope to be ready by mid-April.
- House-hunting/selling: We just got a storage space, woo! So I have to start packing some junk away so the house looks all uncluttered and spacious when it’s showtime. Which, it being spring, will be very soon. What I love about this? I’m going to pack away pictures and knick-knacks and stuff, and then in several months, whenever we finally find and get a house we love, I’ll get to unpack them. And it’ll be like Christmas! I love that. Yes, I’m weird.
Also, I’m spending this weekend cleaning. That is NOT like Christmas.
- Brainstorming for the next one. I expect to start as soon as revisions on Grim Light are completed.
- Judging for the Golden Hearts. That took more time than I expected, and was certainly an interesting experience.
- Working on my website. Yes, that’s right. The blog will be moving as soon as the new website is up and ready. Which, again, I hope to have completed by mid-April, so I can comfortably use the email address that comes with my domain for my e-queries. The website thing is a new-ish arena for me, so it’s been slow going. I learn as I go…and I don’t go very fast. If I set aside one night a week to work on it, though, I should be done by my deadline.
- Work. Oh, that’s right. The day job. It’s starting to get down to crunch time. As it’s just a temporary gig, I expect to be done by June…but I was also supposed to be done last September, and they kept me on. So that is certainly subject to change. I’m surprisingly comfortable with this.
And, aside from family and friends and all the usual stuff, that’s my life these days. I think that, once I hit mid-April–and especially once our current project at the day job is done–I’ll have more time for blogging.
So…what’s been keeping YOU busy these days?